One of my little girl’s favorite Disney movies has to be easily be Lady and the Tramp, she has to watch it at least once a day. So I thought I’d give her a nice surprise with this awesome Cookie Recipe I found! I just love how it ends up looking like spaghetti!
Lady and the Tramp Cookie RecipePrint This
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 circle cookie cutter
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Royal icing
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powder sugar
- 3 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bottle
- red and ivory food coloring
- 1 package of Ferrero Rochers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy and combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tarter and baking soda
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Once the dough is formed, sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of flour onto a cutting board and place the dough onto the cutting board.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the cookie dough and roll out the dough to about 2 inches thick
- Cut out your cookies and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake your cookies for about 8 minutes
- Let them cool completely
Royal icing directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium to high speed until thick and stiff with peaks about 6-7 minutes
- If your icing looks like yellow soup, add another cup of powder sugar
- Once your icing is made, Scoop some white icing into one piping bag and set aside
- Scoop some more icing into a bowl and add in about 2 – 3 tbsp water and mix until combined.
- Pour into squeeze bottle and set aside
- Scoop some icing, about 3/4 up, into a bowl and add ivory food coloring, about 2-3 drops and mix until combined. You want a light ivory color comparable to pasta noodles
- Scoop the ivory icing into piping bag
- Using the remaining icing, add in red food coloring and mix until combined. Add in a few more drops of red food coloring to get the shade you want.
- Scoop a small amount into the piping bag and set aside
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, pipe a line around the edges of the cookies and fill in with the white squeeze bottles.
- Let cookies completely harden over night before adding your pasta
- Once your cookies are dry, using the ivory piping bag pipe out noodles by holding the piping bag 1 inch up from the cookie that way when you squeeze the bag, the icing will come out in strings and fall onto the cookie. Make sure to move your hand to position where you want the noodles to be.
- Let the first layer of noodles dry for an hour before putting on the second layer
- Once the second layer is one wait another hour.
- Once that hour is up, pipe out a glob of red icing onto the pasta for pasta sauce
- Cut your chocolate in half and place into the middle of the red icing for your meatballs
- Let cookies dry for another hour before enjoying!
Recipe from Babydoodadz.com