I’m still going strong with this Air Fryer craze! After falling in love with the Dry Rub Chicken I thought I’d try to find another chicken recipe to make. I decided to share with everyone one of the recipes I came across that immediately had me wanting more, Nashville Chicken!
Nashville Chicken Air Fryer RecipePrint This
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast tenders
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp.coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp.hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. pickle juice
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 /2 olive oil
- Olive cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, salt, black pepper and 1 tablespoon hot sauce, 1 tablespoon of pickle juice until well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Pour the flour into a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and tablespoon of hot sauce in a separate bowl.
- To dredge the chicken, first place it in the flour toss each piece to evenly coat.
- Then place it into the buttermilk mixture, and then back into the flour.
- Place the breaded chicken on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Continue to finish the other tenders.
- Let air dry for 10 minutes.
- Set your Air Fryer to the chicken setting or 380 degrees
- Place your tenders in the Air Fryer dish in a single layer.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or as your Air Fryer sets on its chicken settings.
- Continue to cook all of the tenders.
- To make the hot spicy sauce, whisk together the spices, brown sugar, and 1 cup of olive oil until evenly combined.
- Immediately pour it over the fried chicken tenders.
- Serve with pickles.