Since my little ones new favorite thing to play with has been playdough and Valentine’s Day will soon be upon us, I thought it’d be nice to come up with a unique playdough recipe just for the special day! Let me know in the comments how your playdough turned out!
Valentine’s Day Playdough Recipe
Valentine's Day Chocolate Play Dough Recipe
- 1 Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Heart Sprinkles
- Lip Sprinkles
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup flour, ⅓ cup salt and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Mix well.
- Divide into two batches. One will be the white chocolate and the other will be the milk chocolate. Our kids wanted more milk chocolate so we made that one a bit bigger.
- Add 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder to the milk chocolate play dough batch and mix.
- Pour one of the play dough mixes into a saucepan that is set to low medium heat.
- Stir until the play dough forms.
- Turn onto a piece of wax paper to cool.
- Add the other play dough mix into the saucepan and repeat.
- Once cooled, get a dish with Valentine’s Day sprinkles and candies. Give your child an empty box of chocolates and allow them to create their own playdough versions!